Breaking New Ground
Our R&D is breaking new ground in complex disease areas like immunology, oncology, neurology, virology and more. Our regulatory team safeguards the trust placed in AbbVie by ensuring our products and practices adhere to the highest standards.
Our Research & Development Roles
- Data & statistical sciences (DSS)
- Global medical
- Pharmaceutical development
- Quality assurance
- Chemistry, manufacturing &
- Global labeling, advertising &
- Global product strategy
- Regulatory operations, policy & intelligence
In Their Own Words
“When all the laboratory work and meetings and tests and benchmarks and moments of doubt and joy and clinical trials are all accomplished, and we can finally get medicine into the hands of people who have waited for it to improve their quality of life—that represents the ‘why’.”
– Betty Yao, associate research fellow and associate scientific director, HCV development
Betty focuses on hepatitis C research, working to bring new therapy to patients. She was inducted into the AbbVie Community of Science in 2009, which recognizes outstanding scientific achievements in the research and development organization.