In 2022, NanoSyrinx was the winner of the AbbVie UK Golden Ticket.
The AbbVie Golden Ticket Programme, run in partnership with WAPG, was designed to support an innovative early-stage biotech company in their efforts to accelerate the development of new therapies to improve human health. The programme offered not just the opportunity to secure funding but also mentorship and scientific expertise to support the company develop.
In 2022 NanoSyrinx was awarded the AbbVie Golden Ticket, to support its work in engineering protein ‘nanosyringes’, a cell-selective non-viral peptide and protein delivery system. The company’s technology has the potential to unlock an entirely new range of intracellular targets which are currently inaccessible to biologic drugs, enabling the development of new medicines across a wide range of therapeutic areas.
- NanoSyrinx is developing technology that helps medicine better target diseased cells by delivering therapeutic proteins directly to the interior of the cells
- Application of the technology could be used to create highly effective cancer treatments
- AbbVie and Pioneer Group will support the company to develop the ground-breaking technology after a competitive process in the first AbbVie UK Golden ticket programme
- Recent report from Pioneer Group and JLL revealed the Midlands has seen a 100 percent increase in the number of life sciences start-ups in the last six years
As winners of the UK Golden Ticket programme, NanoSyrinx was provided with:
- One year of free lab space, funded by AbbVie, at Pioneer Group’s BioCity Nottingham site, where NanoSyrinx will have access to core facilities and services
- Tailored support from AbbVie’s world-leading global and UK scientists, business leaders and mentors
- Exclusive access to AbbVie and Pioneer Group’s networks over the year with the opportunity for future collaboration