Effective Date: 1 April 2016
Your personal information will be retained by AbbVie for as long as
necessary to fulfil the specified purpose explained on the Website and
for AbbVie to comply with any applicable legal obligation.
Types of Information Collected
Collection of Personal Information
Contact Information and Policy Updates
1."Personal Data" means information that identifies you or could reasonably be used to identify you and which is submitted to and/or collected by the Website and maintained by AbbVie in an accessible form. Examples of Personal Information include your name, your postal address, your email address and your telephone number.
2. “Sensitive Personal Data” means data including, but not limited to: your ethnic origin, your religious beliefs, your physical or mental health condition, your sexual orientation.
Each referred to separately as “Personal Data” or “Sensitive Personal Data” and collectively as “Personal Information”.
What Types of Information Does AbbVie Collect Online?
Personal Information You Submit: AbbVie collects Personal Information that you enter into data fields on the Website. For example, you may submit your name, postal address, email address, and/or other information in order to receive information about various subjects, register for AbbVie programmes, contact AbbVie customer service, or respond to AbbVie surveys. To protect your privacy, you should not provide AbbVie with any information that is not specifically requested.
Passive Collection of Unidentifiable Technical and Web Browsing
Information: The Website may collect information about your
visits to the Website without you actively submitting such
information. This information may include, for example, your browser
type and language, your operating system, your Internet Protocol (IP)
address, the URLs of websites you visited before and after visiting
the Website, the web search that landed you on the Website, and web
pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within the
Website. This information may be collected using various technologies,
such as cookies, internet tags, and web beacons. Your internet browser
also automatically transmits some of this information to Websites,
such as the URL of the website you just visited and the browser
version your computer is operating. Please see the sections below for
information on cookies.
Does AbbVie collect “sensitive” Personal Information?
How does AbbVie use personal information that I have provided?
Will AbbVie combine personal information I provide on an AbbVie Website with other personal information about me?
- AbbVie may combine the Personal Information that an individual provides on a Website with the Personal Information provided by that individual on other Websites.
- AbbVie may combine Personal Information that you provide to us online with our offline records.
- AbbVie may combine Personal Information that you have provided to us directly with records provided by third parties.
- AbbVie uses this consolidated information to help us better
design our websites, AbbVie products, and to facilitate other
What choices do I have about how AbbVie collects and uses personal information about me?
- You may always limit the amount and type of Personal Information that AbbVie receives about you by choosing not to enter any Personal Information into forms or data fields on the Websites. Some of our online services can only be provided to you if you provide us with appropriate Personal Information. Other parts of the Website may ask whether you wish to opt into or opt out of our contact lists.
- Please see the section below for more information on
how AbbVie secures the information you provide to us.
Does AbbVie share personal information with third parties?
- AbbVie may share Personal Information with third parties with whom AbbVie is jointly marketing a product or service or jointly conducting a programme or activity. It is AbbVie’s practice to notify you if you are registering for a programme which is conducted in conjunction with another company that may require access to your Personal Information.
- AbbVie may also share Personal Information with vendors with whom AbbVie contracts to carry out business activities for AbbVie. If AbbVie provides Personal Information to vendors to assist with business activities, such vendors must keep Personal Information confidential and only use Personal Information to perform functions for AbbVie.
- AbbVie may share Personal Information with a third party in connection with the sale or transfer of one of its product lines or divisions so that the buyer can continue to provide information and services.
- AbbVie reserves the right to disclose Personal Information in response to authorised information requests from government authorities, to address national security situations, or when otherwise required by law.
Information may be shared with health care professionals to provide
support services. For the avoidance of doubt, Personal Information
will only be collected on the condition that consent has been
provided to such information being collected.
Who will have access to personal and / or sensitive personal information about me?
Information can be accessed by a restricted number of authorised
AbbVie employees and individuals working for AbbVie to provide the
stated services; we train personnel about the importance of privacy
and how to handle and manage data appropriately and securely and have
procedures, processes and contracts in-place to help to ensure your
Personal Information is secure and used in accordance with the service
provided. As stated above, to provide the service we may share
relevant parts of your Personal Information with other approved
companies. Any information AbbVie has access to on the NHS network
will be encrypted and subject to any applicable law will not be
accessible by any AbbVie staff as per NHS information governance
How does AbbVie secure personal information?
- It is AbbVie’s practice to secure each web page that collects Personal Information. However, the confidentiality of Personal Information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to exercise caution when transmitting Personal Information over the internet, especially Sensitive Personal Data related to your health. AbbVie cannot guarantee that unauthorised third parties will not gain access to your Personal Information; therefore, when submitting Personal Information to Websites, you must weigh both the benefits and the risks.
- Any data that
AbbVie stores will be encrypted to the established industry
standards and further NHS security requirements as
Does AbbVie transfer personal information to different jurisdictions?
- AbbVie stores data on secured servers in several countries around the world as permitted by the law of England. Please be aware that Personal Information you provide to us, or we obtain as a result of your use of the Websites, may be processed and transferred to countries other than the country in which you are resident, including the United States. The privacy and data protection laws in such countries may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using and participating in any Websites or providing us with your Personal Information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in such countries. For the avoidance of doubt, Sensitive Personal Data will not be collected, transferred, stored or processed without your explicit consent.
- Any information held and processed by AbbVie as part
of applications or solutions provided to healthcare professionals
and patients via the NHS network shall be stored in England only in
accordance with the NHS information governance guidelines.
Does AbbVie collect Personal Information relating to healthcare professionals?
AbbVie collects Personal Information relating to healthcare professionals, industry experts and opinion leaders with whom AbbVie has a business relationship. This Personal Information is in systems managed by AbbVie where the purpose is to allow AbbVie to meet regulatory reporting obligations, determine fair market value, manage services and relationships, manage payment obligations and respond to requests as required by law. The AbbVie systems contain Personal Information which may include information such as professional affiliations and contact details, as well as information about past and present activities that AbbVie may have with healthcare professionals, industry experts and opinion leaders.
For more information around AbbVie's privacy notice for healthcare professionals click here
How does AbbVie protect the privacy of children?
- AbbVie does not knowingly collect or use any Personal Information from children (we define "children" as minors younger than 13) on Websites. We do not knowingly allow children to communicate with us, or use any of our online services.
- If you are a parent and become
aware that your child has provided us with information, please
contact us using one of the methods specified below, and we will
work with you to address this issue.
How may I correct personal information or delete it from current customer records?
- For our record keeping purposes and with your consent, we will retain certain Personal Information you submit in conjunction with commercial transactions.
- You may request that we remove your Personal
Information from our current records or that we amend your Personal
Information. Please notify us of your wishes by contacting us in
one of the ways specified below.
Why do AbbVie Web Sites use “cookies” and other tracking technologies?
- Passive information collection technologies can make your use of the Websites easier by allowing AbbVie to provide better service, customise sites based on consumer preferences, compile statistics, analyse trends, and otherwise administer and improve our websites. Certain features of the Websites may not work without use of passive information collection technologies.
- You can also learn more about cookies by
What types of cookies and other tracking technologies do AbbVie Web Sites use?
- Websites use “session” cookies. Session cookies are temporary bits of information that are erased once you exit your web browser window or otherwise turn your computer off. Session cookies are used, for example, to improve navigation on our websites, block visitors from providing information where inappropriate (the site "remembers" previous entries of age or country of origin that were outside the specified parameters and blocks subsequent changes) and to collect aggregated statistical information.
- Websites use “persistent” cookies. Persistent cookies are more permanent bits of information that are placed on the hard drive of your computer and stay there unless you delete the cookie. Persistent cookies store information on your computer for a number of purposes, such as retrieving certain information you have previously provided (e.g., passwords), helping to determine what areas of the website visitors find most valuable, and customising the website based on your preferences on an on-going basis. Persistent cookies placed by this site on your computer may hold personally identifiable information, but only if you have registered or have otherwise consented to the retention of personally identifiable information you have provided at the site. Otherwise our site's server only knows that an unidentified visitor with your cookies has returned to the site.
- Websites use “Web Beacons” (also known as internet
tags, single-pixel GIFs, clear GIFs, and invisible GIFs). A Web
Beacon is a tiny graphic on a web page or in an email message that
is used to track pages viewed or messages opened. Web Beacons tell
the website server information such as the IP address and browser
type related to the visitor's computer. Web Beacons may be placed
on online advertisements that bring people to our site and on
different pages of our site. Web beacons provide us with
information on how many times a page is opened and which information
is consulted; AbbVie does not use Web Beacons to collect Personal
How can I contact AbbVie?
- If you have questions about the use, amendment, or deletion of Personal Information that you have provided to us, or if you would like to opt out of future communications from an AbbVie business or a particular AbbVie programme, please contact us by clicking on the "Contact” link on the Website you are visiting. Alternatively, you may send a letter to the following address: Attn: Data Protection Officer, AbbVie Ltd, Vanwall Business Park, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead, Berks, SL6 4UB.
- In all communications to AbbVie, please include the email address used for registration (if applicable), the website address or the specific AbbVie programme to which you provided Personal Information (e.g. AbbVie.com, etc.), and a detailed explanation of your request.
- If you would like
to delete, amend or correct your Personal Information and are
contacting us by email, please put "Deletion Request" or
"Amendment/Correction Request", as applicable, in the
subject line of the email. We will do our best to respond to all
reasonable requests in a timely manner.
How will I know whether AbbVie has updated this policy?
- If AbbVie changes its privacy practices, an
and we will notify you of such changes by updating the date at the
ABBVIE UK SOCIAL MEDIA COMMUNITY GUIDELINES
We welcome the opportunity to hear from you on any of our social media channels (Twitter and YouTube). When we see mentions of and replies to @abbvieUK we ask that you follow these Community Guidelines to ensure that we provide you with the best experience.
Please remember that we work in a highly regulated industry with unique legal considerations. We are not allowed to engage in sensitive topics or discussions about our products, other companies’ products or treatment options. These discussions are best held in private with a health care professional.
Because of these regulations, discussions need to be on-topic and constructive. For this reason, we may not be able to respond to mentions or replies that:
- Name our or other companies’ products
- Offer health or medical advice
- Include profanity, defamatory, libelous, offensive, abusive, discriminatory or demeaning content, including images, videos and links
- Are disparaging, threatening, condone violence or illegal behaviour
- Contain personal information, like the names of individuals, email addresses, phone numbers, personal photos or videos
- Contain proprietary, confidential, sensitive or non-public information
- Violate copyright or intellectual property
- Are commercial in nature with an intent to sell products and services, or recruit fans and followers to other social communities
- Contain information that is false, inaccurate or misleading
- Are excessively repetitive and/or disruptive to the community (SPAM)
- Violate any
AbbVie UK Sponsored Social Media Platform Terms. Please click below
to read each platform’s Terms and Conditions.
Please be aware that followers who violate the above rules may be blocked from AbbVie UK’s social media channels, meaning the user would no longer be able to follow our news, comment on or share our posts.
Medical Side Effects
If you believe you have experienced any medical side effects from an AbbVie UK product, please consult your physician, pharmacist or other healthcare professional immediately. Adverse events should always be reported. Reporting forms and information can be found at www.mhra.gov.uk/yellowcard. Adverse events should also be reported to AbbVie UK on email@example.com.
We suggest you avoid sharing specific information concerning your
personal health on social media sites, and the Internet in general.
Should you, however, decide to send us a private message in order to
detail any side effects, we may need to contact you for more
information, in which case we may request your name, email address
and/or a phone number.
Using and storing personal identifying information
AbbVie UK will not disclose or share personal identifying information on its social media channels unless we have obtained proper consents. We do not store or use your unique ID, email or other personal identifying information. However, in the case of reporting an adverse event or product complaint, we will need to store and use personal identifying information, such as your name, location, health-related information or similar, in accordance with applicable laws. This information is required to be submitted to the AbbVie UK Pharmacovigilance and Patient Safety department and/or regulatory authorities. We are also required to store your personal identifying information for auditing purposes.
In some instances AbbVie UK may choose to use third-party service providers to help us manage comments and messages, which means that they too would have access to any personal identifying information you share with us. Such third-party service providers are contractually bound and trained to ensure an adequate protection and security of your personal identifying information.
Please note that social media platforms that you contact us through will also have access to information you share with us. For more details please refer to:
Thanks again for joining the AbbVie UK Online Community.
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR ABBVIE CARE PROGRAMMES
This privacy statement applies to the
use of your personal data by AbbVie UK and its service providers
(hereafter “we” or “us”) in the context of the AbbVie Care Programme
(the “Programme”). We will process your personal data in accordance
with UK data protection laws. The terms used in this Privacy Statement
have the same meaning as defined in UK data protection laws.
Types of personal data that may be processed and the purposes for processing your data
We may process the following types of data about you: name, address, phone number, other contact details, data regarding the use of your service and health-related data. We may process your personal data for the following purposes:
- programme administration
- delivery of products and services and associated care services
- tailoring the services to youcontacting your healthcare professional and providing them with how you are getting on with taking your medicine as prescribed by the services providers or AbbVie
- reminding you to take your medicine as prescribed and supplying you information on changes in service provision
- collecting your feedback and survey
Disclosures to third parties
AbbVie requires its service providers to process your personal data in accordance with this data protection notice and for no other purpose. AbbVie will not provide your personal data to any other third party without your permission unless required by law. Any personal data you provide during the AbbVie Care Programme will be retained for as long as you are on the AbbVie Care Programme.
AbbVie will provide metrics and analytical information to its parent company AbbVie Inc. regarding how the support programme is working. This information does not identify you individually.
Finally, AbbVie may also use anonymised data gathered through the
AbbVie Care Programme in research and publications to help future
patients just like you, including engagement with the NHS.
Protection and deletion of personal data
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security
measures to protect your personal against accidental or unlawful
destruction or accidental loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure or
access. Your personal data will be kept for the duration of your
participation in the Program and will thereafter be deleted, unless
otherwise required by law.
Updates to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to change the terms of this Privacy Statement
at any time, subject to any applicable consent requirements. Any
changes to this Privacy Statement will be reflected on this page
with a new effective date. AbbVie encourages you to review this
Privacy Statement regularly for any changes.
How to contact us
You may contact us at any time to withdraw consent for the use of your personal data for the purposes described above or for any of the AbbVie Care services by contacting the service provider that enrolled you into the Programme. Please find the respective contact details below.
You may also request access to the personal data stored about you,
correction of any mistakes, or restriction or deletion of your
personal data by contacting the service provider that enrolled you
into the Programme. Please find the respective contact details below.
Note that if you request restriction or deletion of your personal
data, you may no longer be able to participate in the Programme or
parts of it.
Healthcare at Home, telephone 0333 103 9699
Lloyds Pharmacy Clinical Homecare, telephone 0345 263 6123
Alcura, telephone 0800 9800686 or 01604 433515
Harte Hanks, telephone 0800 988 6356
Ashfield Healthcare, telephone 01530 562300
Polarspeed, telephone 0345 304 0960
PRIVACY NOTICE FOR HEALTHCARE PROFESSIONALS
AbbVie Ltd (”AbbVie”) is a biopharma
which develops and markets pharmaceutical products and delivers
patient oriented solutions. AbbVie is part of a global group, focused
on developing leading treatments and innovations worldwide. At AbbVie,
we take great care in processing personal data in compliance with
applicable laws. We only collect and use the information necessary to
achieve the purpose described below. The personal data controller is
AbbVie (enterprise number 8004972) whose registered office is at
AbbVie House, Vanwall Business Park, Vanwall Road, Maidenhead,
Berkshire, SL6 4UB.
Personal data that we collect about you and why
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources, including directly from you and from: publicly available sources; CVs and resumes; online and other databases and websites; and other documents or forms that you provide in order to participate in AbbVie-sponsored or supported initiatives, such as AbbVie-sponsored clinical research and development activities, or in other contexts.
AbbVie may collect and use some or all of the following categories of personal data for the purpose described below:
- Personal details such as your name, age, gender and contact details
- Professional details such as your place of practice, job title, the medical field in which you are active, your professional qualifications and scientific activities (such as previous clinical trial experience, and participation in past or pending research studies with AbbVie and other companies), publication of academic or scientific research and articles, and membership in associations and boards
- Financial details such as payment-related information, including tax identification number
- Details of interactions with us, such as what kind of meetings we have held, topics discussed, your knowledge of and questions you have had on our business and products, what kind of material we have displayed to you and any feedback that you have provided, as well as your opinions and routines on prescribing, routines regarding your patients and diagnosis, and similar information
We process this information in our customer databases for the
purpose of managing our relationship with you, including planning
potential collaboration, contact, and helping ensure that we provide
you with information that is relevant given your expertise, interests
and preferences. The legal basis for this processing is our
legitimate interest in maintaining a relationship with you.
Sharing your personal data
AbbVie may share your personal data with others, from time to time, in connection with the purpose described in this notice. In particular, we may make your personal data available to:
- Other companies within the AbbVie group and companies with whom we may partner in connection with proposed or actual AbbVie projects
- Third party companies that supply goods or services to AbbVie such as legal counsel, auditors and IT service suppliers
- Other third parties pursuant to a court order, to protect the interests of AbbVie, or where otherwise required by law or legal process
- Actual or prospective purchasers of AbbVie businesses in the event of a sale, merger or acquisition.
Sharing your personal data as described above may involve transferring it to countries, including countries outside of the EU/EEA, whose data protection and privacy laws may not be equivalent to, or as protective as, those that exist in your country of residence. To ensure an adequate level of data protection is provided, AbbVie has entered into an Inter-affiliate Data Transfer Agreement with AbbVie Inc. and it affiliates. The AbbVie Inter-affiliate Data Transfer Agreement incorporates the EU model contract for data transfers to controllers, which covers all personal data transfers between AbbVie affiliates worldwide to ensure an adequate level of protection for any transferred data. A copy of this agreement can be obtained by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where AbbVie uses service providers that have access to personal data, it requires such service providers to protect those data and to process your personal data in accordance with this data protection notice and for no other purpose.
Securing and retaining your personal data
AbbVie will take appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. When AbbVie retains a third-party service provider, that provider will be carefully selected and required to use appropriate measures to protect the confidentiality and security of personal data.
AbbVie retains your personal data only for as long as we continue to
have a relationship with you, unless a longer retention period is
required or permitted by law.
You may contact AbbVie to request access to personal data that we process about you and that we correct inaccurate data and complete any incomplete data. In accordance with the conditions and requirements of applicable law, you may object to our processing your personal data and request that we erase personal data about you, restrict processing of such data, and transmit your personal data to you or another data controller.
Should you wish to exercise these rights or if you have any
questions regarding this notice or prefer that AbbVie not contact you
again, please let AbbVie know by contacting us at email@example.com. You may lodge a
complaint with a supervisory authority if you consider that our
processing of your personal data infringes applicable law.